Thursday, March 1, 2012

mmm, beer

I got Chris a brewing set up for his birthday in November. Sadly to say, he was unable to use it for a while due to finishing his PhD, moving to GA, and then our constant traveling as previously mentioned. So this past weekend we ended up with time to ourselves and after Chris built my garden boxes he brewed his beer. We started out with an Oktoberfest. This is Chris's favorite beer. So far its brewing away in our garage so we'll see how it tastes in about a month.

Beer Brewing in the pot

Jack trying to help
Bottling the beer in our carboy for the next week or two.

Jack made a new friend while we were busy brewing beer. A little boy across the street came over and played with Jack while we were outside getting some air. He then asked if Jack could come over to his house and play. I was a little bit dumbstruck when he asked me. I didn't know what to say. I've never sent my child to play with someone I don't know. He ended up playing in the boy's front yard where I could see him. I walked over and met his parents a bit later. Jack had a great time with Colter and keeps asking to go back and play. The only downfall is Colter is 5 so he is in school while Jack is at home. Jack keeps wanting to go back over but he is never home when Jack is. I guess its official, he's growing up on me. He'd rather play with friends than with his mom. It's bittersweet but its nice to see him making some neighborhood friends. Colter told Jack he can come inside his house next time. Guess I better get used to not having a constant eye on my little boy. Colter is just priming me for preschool in the fall. I feel like I am getting free babysitting if I send Jack over to play. Is this really how this works??
Oh and when Colter was in our garage and the door was opened he asked me what that smell was (beer brewing). I told him we were cooking. Jack of course instantly answers "yeah, we're cooking beer." I probably don't have to worry too much about what Georgia residents think of me but that would have been an instant missionary sending if I still lived in Utah. Only downfall is in Georgia I have to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment